Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Saga of the Cold ...Finally Ending


The dinner last night was wonderful, having made some new friends and renewed acquaintances with old ones. We returned just before midnight and I was very careful not to have the night shower on account of my cold, instead I just sponged myself. I had the room air-cond on and a fan as well, as drier air would help to dry my sinuses, I reckoned.

This morning I woke up quite early, 5.30am on a Saturday morning! And felt my nose still a bit blocked and my cough still irritatingly productive. I figured I must have some exercise by doing some laundry. After hanging out the washings, I had a cup of warm chocolate and took my antibiotics (4th day today). Initially I had wanted to go for my regular 45-minute brisk walk but later decided against it and went back to bed instead! I was out for 3 hours with a fan on... and when I woke up, I felt so refreshed and my nose was clear and dry!

My cold saga started on 1st July, became better on 3rd then it recurred on the 5th,(loved one admitted to hospital on the 4th), took the first course of antibiotics on the 7th, coughs and congestion turned out somewhat better only to worsen again, I noticed every time following night showers. Started the second course of antibiotics on the 16th and on the 17th I surrendered, flat-out and was given a sick leave for 2 days!

And this very instance, my nose is clear and throat a lot better and coughing a lot less, no more annoying nasal discharge, such is the power of a good rest! Thanks God, I am healthy again!!

You need to be sick sometimes in order to celebrate health and feel grateful.

No comments: