Monday, June 1, 2009

My Favourite Flowers

Magnolias

I love flowers for their beauty,fragrance ,shades of colour and varied and unique petal arrangements. Flowers are a part of natural propagation scheme through pollination by bees. The brighter the colour, the more fragrant it is, the better is its chances of being propagated. Flowers add colour and a sense of vibrancy to the environment, exuding freshness and joy to those who would stop and appreciate this wonder of nature.


Jacaranda
It takes me back to my student's days in Queensland, Australia when the purple jacaranda bloomed in the spring time , it was time to "swot" as examination was just around the corner! The road to the university would be covered in purple and there I stood transfixed, admiring those intricate flowers. I also recall the bloomings of sakura or cherry blossoms in Japan which brings so much joy to the people.

The wisteria is another wonderful and elegant flower, its lilac bunches are not
only pleasant to behold but very fragrant as well. In fact the best selling perfume by Evelyn and Crabtree is wisteria. It has got such a magical and fresh scent that I am never bored wearing it..... simply sublime!

No comments: