Tuesday, November 17, 2009

MAXIS Listing on Bursa Malaysia on 19 Nov 2009






This evening a couple of my friends told me that their Maxis IPO applications have been successful and they are waiting with bated breaths to find out how much they are going to make out of their shares this coming Thursday Nov 19 I could sense their great excitement.

As for me, I chose not to apply for the IPO fearing that my money would be stuck in the early trading of the shares, should my application fail, and I must say that I kind of miss being in this realm of risk! But this situation I am in, can also be described as a form of discipline, an inner wish for order and of not wanting to be with the crowd. In a nutshell, unsavvy as I am as a small time investor, I am keeping close to my gut's feelings. So let us see how the long-awaited stock which, in a way, has been politically cajoled to be relisted , will perform on the first day of trading and the days, the weeks and months that follow.

As Dow Jones is doing well on Wall St this week, people can expect the shares to have a good upside. Come to think of it, I am also excited about the listing this Thursday.. and to my successful friends, here's wishing you all good luck!

In the meantime, I have instructed Charles, my hard-working remisier to keep a close watch for me... just in case, mind you.










3 comments:

AC said...

Marcella,

I did not apply the IPO too. My reason is short of fund. I invested in other area (not in shares market). Today Maxis share price did not performed well, it closed at RM5.20. I expected this as local share market is still not in bullish mood as compare with NY, HK, and even Singapore. Still can't see the sign of the bull. Hope it happens soon.

Marcella said...

Hi AC,
Yep, the local share market is lacklustre this week. May snap Maxis if still around 5.20, or could it still go lower?

Buying in small numbers as am taking a long position on this stock and wait for that bull :)

A couple of my friends got Maxis IPO at 4.75 ...really envy them.

Mind if I ask what you invest in?

AC said...

Hi Marcella,

I just invested in a commercial property. Wish my investment is ok! :)