Friday, November 6, 2009

AXIATA....Am I glad I trusted my Gut's Feelings!

On Monday October 26, I was splitting my hairs whether to buy AXIATA stock which was being battered down or to keep my money and buy MAXIS on its "relisting" day 19 Nov 2009. I did not have any "firm" pointers as to MAXIS being a good or a bad investment.

I did ask around and received mixed opinions. My stockbroker told me to be careful as the IPO price, according to him was "fair value". If I were still to buy, he said, I should buy later in the day as there would be an initial morning frenzy but on the whole he said, I should be ready for the long haul.

My friend's ex-remisier said the MAXIS dividend yield might be low but dividend you would have as they had promised (subjects to those risks I read about in their prospectus, of course !) but for that share price you would want to look at other value stocks.

My gut's feeling was to go for AXIATA..... Gosh, that name sounds like some kind of Greek mythological GOD... so I moved some of my dormant plantation stocks and grabbed this battered down stock at 2.92. I went in when the crowd had left! Today, as they say, the rest is history.

Yesterday I visited Alex at Nexttrade and read his analysis on MAXIS relisting. I am glad at least I have some kind of opinion from another remisier who is neutral. Be that as it may, my instinct tells me to just buy some MAXIS shares for a fun ride on the roller-coaster and be ready with my tablets for possible dizziness.

Whatever happens, I am going for the long position on AXIATA , and I am set to be on the slow steady train ride which will be more pleasurable.

No comments: