Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding-Joining the Sentimental World in Celebrations

Westminster Abbey on 29 April 2011
Feeling good about things and feeling happy for people who are happy are good for your own psychic health. I believe people who are interested in others in the most positive way are in the "normal spectrum" and these are the people who make up a healthy and caring society. I am thus transported into the world of "feel-good" moment.

The wedding today of Prince William, the grandson of Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain to his fiancee, Catherine Middleton is indeed a memorable occasion watched by two billion and celebrated by millions of  British and tourists in London today 29 April 2011. 

I spoke on the phone to a colleague just before 5pm today and before we ended our conversation, she reminded me to watch the wedding live on ASTRO Channel 700. The excitement is palpable. 

I am happy for the couple and wish them well though I cannot forget the sad and tragic end of William's mother, Princess Diana in 1997 ( I remember hearing her death when I was on a flight back from London in late August and just a week before she was having a holiday with her two sons, William and Harry! All splashed up in the local papers).

I want to record this day in my blog as millions join in to celebrate the Happy Occasion of Diana's son and his beloved Kate, the future King  and Queen of England, at Westminster Abbey today, 29 April 2011. The Abbey was also where his mother's funeral was held.

Prince William and Kate announced engagement and wedding date in Nov 2010



THE wedding Dress by Kate Burton of Alexander McQueen

The wedding vow
The wedding ring
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
The Prayer
Queen Elizabeth the Grandmother (wearing canary yellow at the wedding) 
The late and lovely Princess Diana, Prince William's mother
 
Sealed with the traditional KISS on the balcony of Buckingham Palace
The adoring crowd
I can go on and on with the pictures but these are my chosen memories of the Royal Wedding on 29 April 2011, my way of joining the sentimental world to celebrate a beautiful LOVE STORY. 

May God bless the marriage of William and Catherine and may they emulate William's  paternal grandparents, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip who have been married for 64 years!

No comments: