Tuesday, April 19, 2011

AHB- Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera's First Dividend

For those who are eligible to subscribe to this Reit, AHB, you would be pleasantly surprised that an early first dividend has been declared and paid on 19 April. I happened to come across this information when I visited Maybank, the manager of  this Reit recently. The dividend is at 2.17 sen  for 123 days since it was first launched in November 2010. For those who bought the maximum units of 200K, you all would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Apparently at that rate, it would work out to be about 6.20 sen per annum, slightly lower than PNB's unit trusts and much lower than the market-quoted Reits which by the way is subject to price variation unlike AHB. And another special investment for Bumi is Bank Rakyat new units which, by the way, according to my friends are hard to get as the waiting list is very long. At an annual dividend of 15 sen, who would want to miss out on this?

Anyway I am sticking to my PNB unit trusts and Credit Pacific and of course occasional forays into the stock market. Currently the market is rather deserted after the short rally in early April. Managed to offload my Uemland at 3.16 while my purchased price was at 2.29. Not always lucky though.

Happy investing and Happy Easter!

No comments: