Thursday, July 17, 2014

Memories of FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

This YouTube video and the iconic song by Shakira really cement my memories of the exciting FIFA World Cup 2014 from Jun 13 to July 14. From the round of 16 I was rather "addicted" to the games, watching them with my equally football-crazy better-half.

 I was impressed with those teams from Africa and South America especially Costa Rica which came out top of its group and was advancing in the quarter finals.

Names like Naymer of Brazil, James Rodriguez of Colombia, Messi of Argentina, Ronaldo of Portugal and of course that infamous Suarez of Uruguay littered the games with excitement.

 Memorable times like Germany's thrashing of host Brazil 7-1 at their semi-final, Naymer's foul by the Colombian player, Van Persie's goal as well as Suarez's bite of the Italian player come rushing in when I watch and listen to this video.

Thank you indeed to the uploader for cementing  my memories.

 At the final, I was supporting Argentina to win the coveted Cup only to be disappointed by that German, Mario's fantastic goal! Argentina lost 0 to 1.

 Waiting for 2018 when Russia is given the turn to host the Cup.

No comments: