Wednesday, June 18, 2014

IPOs - Icon Offshores and Boustead Plantations: Between Failure and Success

By now most of us IPO applicants of Icon Offshores and Boustead Plantation stocks would have known whether we have been successful or not in our applications.

On 11 June, I found out that I did not have luck on Icon IPO and naturally felt rather down. I had a wrong strategy of applying at a lower amount and so had to face with a lower chance of being successfully balloted. However, for Boustead I went for a bigger amount and of course have a higher chance of success and sure enough (plus better luck here), I am being rewarded with 25% the number of shares I applied for. I just found out about this an hour ago online through my Maybank Account.

I am waiting for Boustead Plantations' listing day on 26 June to see how it would debut but as usual I am going to hold these precious shares for some time and see how the CPO price is trending in the medium to long term.

As for Icon, to be listed on 25 June, I will definitely buy on the market. It's going to be a steely watch over the debut but my broker has been well informed on what to do in case I am not able to keep glued to the screen.

From now on, it's going to be a fun ride with these two new stocks, one obtained through luck, the other would be through sweat. I will keep a close monitoring of these two companies and observe how they perform and have some time blabberings and commenting on stock analysts' reports.

Congratulations to those of you who are successful in your applications and to others you can still make something if you are able to time your purchase at market price. At any rate, good luck to all my reader-investors.

Remember, between failure and success, there is still an opportunity.

No comments: