Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day, Sunday 10 May 2009


Sunday is not a relaxing day for me as attention is now focused on housework. Being sedentary for five days a week is not doing any good to my health.I take Saturdays and Sundays as exercise days which actually starts at 6.30am with brisk walking at the nearby park for about 40 minutes. There are usually less walkers compared to other days as the regulars do take a rest on Sundays. I am, by the way, only a weekend regular.

Then the washings and cleaning and dusting, real exercise which I used to let someone else do before and would then be breathless for any incidental physical work I had to do but not now as I have toned my muscles, the heart, the lungs (plus the brain of course, with the crosswords and sudoku) through a variety of exercises for the last few years.

Last Sunday was special though because it was Mother's Day and every mother needs pampering once in a while and to receive a surprise bouquet of lovely flowers really made my day, thank you Tasha. And yes, I was treated to a nice dinner at my favourite hotel, and thanks to Jeff and Mus, just as well I skipped my lunch, otherwise I would be blaming the weighing scale.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Glad you like them Mum...