Tuesday, November 4, 2014

MyEg and MyGirl Friday

Zana is a busy professional working in a prestigious organisation known for employing only the best in their fields. To keep up with the organisation's well known performance, the staff there have little time to dabble in shares market. They may have the money to invest but not the time to keep track. So many of them just confine themselves to mutual funds. Slow and steady alright but the fun is in the market.

Early this year Zana had a bonus bounty and had asked me to invest as I like for her. So I acted as her fund manager so to speak. She apparently has been impressed with the little success I've made over the years in the market despite my busy practice.

I told Zana to stick to my decisions and not to ask too many questions ( not the normal fund manager I must say! After all I am not paid for this task so could afford to be dictatorial :)

And with Zana's fund I went to the market and after some general research I chose to invest her fund in MyEg, the company which provides tax collection services system to the Custom Departments. I bought the shares at 2.93 and for awhile due to some delays in system implementation, had gone down quite badly. But I persisted telling Zana that the shares would rise once everything is in place. At times though, I was regretting putting all her fund in one basket!

Today MyEg hits 3.95 and hopefully will continue ascending

But as expected today MyEg has soared beautifully. Zana has made a tremendous capital appreciation well over her investment on those slow and steady funds. A real joy to see such investment rise and rise. I wish I had put my own fund in the stock and ride with it.

In the meantime, I have yet to inform Zana of her fortune. She would doubtlessly be pleasantly surprised if she happened to read my blog today.

 I must however disclose that Zana has helped me with a lot of tasks without taking the credit. Thanks Zana,  my Girl Friday!


No comments: