Monday, February 28, 2011

TM's Surging Profit and My Surging Happiness

My trust in TM stock is paying off. I am very happy to read that its profit for financial period ending Dec 2010 is substantially increased and a dividend of 13.1 sen per share has been proposed.And not only that TM is going for an capital distribution for its investors 29 sen to a unit or is it to a ringgit invested? I have yet to get the clarification on this distribution if it is the latter then it would be a windfall for me... let me dream about this before being shot down!

I am relieved that I did not sell the stock to apply for PChem IPO last year  as this turns out to be my Golden Goose. I will not let go this goose due to its regular high-dividend yield ( it is better than MAXIS in term of yield). In fact after the capital distribution exercise, it is expected that the stock price will fall just like in 2009 when TM gave a capital repayment of 98 sen per share, I am going to acquire some more units to make it 100K. So I can say goodbye to my non-performing stocks which I am tired of mentioning here. Yes, we need to buy blue chips as they will not disappoint in good and bad times. Forget about small caps as they will "torture" you with no end and test your patience and your fun. And do a lot of readings on companies you want to invest in and the industry they are involved in so that you would not regret like me and my JCY investment!

I am glad to know that many of our companies are doing well, for example Maybank,CIMB, KL Kepong, Axiata and they are rewarding their respective investors with good dividends. I hope that you all also have surging happiness in this present volatile period with Middle East turmoil and rising oil prices.

The feel good factor currently is fodder for talk on new mandate for present government leadership so be on the alert for those construction stocks! I am monitoring Gamuda.

No comments: