Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birthday Gifts - FoR My eYeS OnLy


Elegantly wrapped

Thank you R for waiting patiently in front of my house gate yesterday evening to give me that birthday gift! And what a gift it was! My favourite Parker pen. Many would roll up their eyes and say " What's so special about the pen?". These days people use ballpoints, hardly anybody using the traditional pen with ink! But haven't anyone noticed that the pen is more environmental-friendly? Think of those millions of disposable plastic ballpoints being thrown into our environment. I am not here to debate the issue though.


                                                   Comes with the INK!

My love story with the Parker pen started a long time ago when my late Dad bought me the pen and since then no other pen for me except Parker. Just before I left Australia I got another beautiful Parker which I then lost  within months in the changing  room of an operation theatre!

                                                                                                      Yes! Gold Plated
Though quite content with using pens like Mont Blanc, Waterman and other departmental-issued cheap brands, my fascination with Parker stayed on. Whenever I visited a shopping complex, I would look at the counters selling pens and gravitated to my favourite. Looking and yearning for that gold-plated one!

I can actually afford it but I prefer it to be given as a gift. I often hinted at my husband but he ended up giving me other things. But R  are you a mind reader? Thank you from the bottom of my heart..... am still a child at heart!

And I finally opened my son's gift.... oh my! It was a pack of seaweed crisps and two packets of succulent, melt-in your mouth chestnuts which we finished in less than 15 minutes... thanks Danny, I see that you are becoming health-conscious. Your thoughtful gift is highly appreciated.


Seaweed Crisps.. very tasty
                                                  The taste of these chestnuts is out of this world!

Here comes another year of my life and I am grateful for being healthy and able to help people in need. And these are for my eyes only.

No comments: