Thursday, July 2, 2009

TM is set to perform... didn't I tell you?

I had some TM shares before the capital repayment ex date on 27 May 2009. I was wondering whether to dispose or not when the price was above 3.80. Some people advised TM share holders to clear their positions, as earlier on generous dividends had already been paid out and that the price after capital repayment would definitely decline, but how low would it go? Nobody really knew.

As I am yet to be a more disciplined investor with planned exit strategies et cetera, I chose to take the risk of keeping my investment and excitedly prayed for the price to be reasonable after the capital repayment.... had regrets and heartache when the price plunged to as low as 2.60.... my instinct told me not to despair, buy more shares, so I bought additional shares at 2.62, such is my confidence in this company whose IPO some years ago had started me off to this exciting road of wealth creation!

Today, TM's closing price has gone up to 2.90! Dollar cost averaging, my friend, is indeed a fine concept. With the current share values plus the capital repayment... I have already made a sizable paper gain. Remember the edict, no risk, no gain... and I am not tooting my horn needlessly!

4 comments:

AC said...

Good to hear this. :)
Basically, if you buy bluechip counter you have higher chance to gain. As there are no many good choices in Bursa for fund managers to pick-up from.

Marcella said...

Hi AC,
I am quite happy with my investment in TM and will buy more of its shares soon as I noted some profit-taking activities going on and hopefully the price will come down.

You are right, since the CPO price came down, there are not many good counters.

Am contemplating buying Maybank shares but their 2008 purchase of the Indon bank worries me... what do you think AC?

AC said...

I have no luck with Maybank. sometime gain sometime loss. :(

The purchase of Indon & Pakistan banks at over-priced, may burden it...some said it will be taken over buy CIMB

I really have no comment on this counter. :)

Marcella said...

Hmm.. I also do not feel good about Maybank.. will give it a wide berth.

In stock market, you cannot gain all the time can you?

Warren Buffet gains most of the time because he normally takes the long position!