Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Edvard Grieg - MORNING ( At IH, St Lucia, Brisbane, Qld)



Last night or was it early this morning? I dreamt I was in St Lucia at my old residential college, International House, in the periphery of The University of Queensland. The place was full of activities, yes, we were celebrating an annual event and as part of our program, we were supposed to wake up early (at 5.30 am!) and participate in morning exercises. It was spring time and the temperature was still cool and many of us were rather reluctant to get up and so our enthusiastic organising committee, through the PA system,  played this music in full blast, aiming at our rooms. Yes, time to get up, go for it and embrace the day. I have often dreamed of these most enjoyable and carefree days of my life.

I am reliving this memory by playing this brilliant piece of music by the Norwegian composer, Grieg, as part of his famous Peer Gynt Suite.

Close your eyes and as you listen to the music, can you visualise the sun slowly and gloriously rising?

No comments: