Thursday, December 20, 2012

MAXIS - The final dividend for 2012

I just happened to check my dividend-paying portfolios and did not fail to notice that Maxis would be paying an 8 sen per unit dividend on 28 December. What a nice end to the year of 2012. All together Maxis has paid out 40 sen per unit for this year. It is substantial as far as I am concerned. At the same time its market price is rising steadily.

Whatever happens  I am going to keep this golden goose. I like the idea of getting dividend every three months. It kind of makes you feel your money is breeding right in front of you. I wish TM would do the same  as currently it is giving dividend every six months.

Maxis seems more robust in terms of its competitiveness. You notice that it has a number of innovative products to capture the broadband market. I think it still has some growth potential as it fights to get the migrant market share now being capitalised by DIGI.

About six weeks ago, Maxis share price was down due to profit taking activities of likely to be foreign fund managers and now they are coming back to lift up the stock price. As it has always been said, you can make money in a volatile market provided you have ready capital at hand. I had wanted to accumulate more shares       through the redemption of my recent ASIM dividend but instead I decided at a rather last minute to buy more AMB units as it was selling at a discount of 3% coupled with its low unit price which went down to below its issue price of 50 sen. Well, looking at the risk, it's better to be with an index rather than an individual stock especially during this uncertain financial times. I am a bit risk-averse here.

Having learnt certain lessons, I did not flinch this time around when Maxis share price went down to below the price I acquired it. The consistent dividend which makes me take the long position. It is like Warren Buffet and his golden Coca-Cola stock. Why do we need to ever dispose of it when the company is strong fundamentally and when communication will never be out of fashion?

So here's to Maxis.. a toast to our "partnership"



No comments: