Wednesday, June 1, 2011

To Australia with Malaysia Airlines and here I come Dear Edna.

I had planned to visit  Australia in February 2011 but due to the massive floods in Queensland, I was advised to postpone it. My journey will start from Kuala Lumpur to South Australia and crossing up the continent to Eastern part, the state of Queensland where I spent eight years of my life studying at a high school and later at the Queensland University at St Lucia and finally at Herston Medical School.

I am flying with Malaysia Airlines, what else? Their business class is truly world class and also because they've again extended to me an Enrich Gold Card  facilities so my loyalty is entrenched so to speak. 

I haven't been back to my Alma Mater for many years despite being "harassed" by my host family to visit them. Yes Edna is getting old and she did mention in her last Christmas card that if I didn't come this year I might not see her again... that kind of disturbed me so I resolved to fly soon as I can to see her. Edna helped me a lot when I was a student and I cannot forget her.

Unfortunately my husband is not able to come due to his heavy commitments.

Well, I have done some googlings and found out so many things have changed in Brisbane. Gosh, I used to drive in the city and now Queen Street has been closed off and becomes a pedestrian mall! There is a lot more shopping malls coming up and my University now looks like some new  place because of  new buildings  filling up those empty spaces I used to know. Can't wait to see the new Brisbane. Might meet some friends as well if time permits as my time in Brisbane is extremely limited.

I will be staying at Sofitel Brisbane and move around from there. Will post my travel later.

No comments: