Saturday, March 6, 2010

Flying off to London with Malaysia Airlines

I am leaving for London in a few days. Actually I dread traveling long distant like this especially when you are alone as you do not know who is going to be sitting next to you for that "captive"12-hr  journey.

I am traveling business class with MAS, my favorite airline. The cabin staff usually make you feel pampered and at home so on that score, I am not worried. The seats, two in a row, are also ergonomic and you can have a restful sleep. I used to travel economy class when I was a student and I wonder now how I could have put up with such a crowded atmosphere and cramped leg room?  You can hardly move and watch out if you have a middle seat of five in a row and when your next door passenger is fast asleep and you cannot control that bladder of yours! I remember my body ached quite a bit on arrival.

When you travel business class they give you a form on board to go to Heathrow immigration through Premier lane so it will be a breeze as less people in a queue. Come to think of it, it might have been packaged into  the cost of your  ticket. Nothing is free in this world!

Thanks to the internet that I can check the weather and temperature on arrival so looks like I am going to have to acclimatize from 32  to -3 deg C! Have to look for all my warm clothing  from my last trip in 2008.. Gosh I have been so "busy " I hardly have time to pack! Zana please make sure you bring along those warm leggings when you fetch me! Yes, I must remember to print that  Terminal 4 map as not to feel lost. I have been to London many times and the earlier terminal was at number 3 which I am familiar with. This is the first time I am coming to T4.

I'd better start packing as I will be away for almost two weeks. And  I just hope the passenger sitting  next to me is not an obese gentleman who snores.....

No comments: