Monday, January 25, 2010

StAmPs Are BecOmINg CoLLecTor ItEms

I have been an avid stamp collector since small. My interest has become urgent in recent years as I am aware that stamps are becoming rare as who would, on most occasion today, communicate using snail mail! Almost everything is going digital.

I scanned my passport and sent it to an embassy for visa application and received a digital approval and it saved me from the hassle of  going to post office, buying stamps and sending by mail or even by courier service. Time waits for no man.

Yes, attractive and unique stamps are increasingly to be found in collectors' albums only and so I would like to share the images of the latest stamps issued by POS Malaysia in January 2010, ( According to their press statements, there are only 5000 RM5 unique sets being printed and I am one of its proud owners!).

RM50 note specimen embedded in a
RM 5 Stamp

                                                        Close-up of  RM 5 stamp


Close-up of 50 sen stamp of 20 sen denomination --->
Double-sided "copper tainted" 50 sen stamps of 10,20 and 50 sen denominations

I am quite pleased with POS Malaysia's latest efforts. Being a member of the Philately club has its advantages as I doubt I could get hold of that special set from any post outlet now.  I am waiting patiently for  50-year commemorative stamps for Malaysian Medical Association.

Just a thought that one of these days I might like to exchange stamps with people or even put on offer at market price, some of my multiple unique stamps to interested parties. Those single ones are for my eternal pleasure though... not for sale at any price!

No comments: