Thursday, September 3, 2009

Malaysia Airlines Values Customer Loyalty

As I was going to work this morning I saw an envelope laying on the table, addressed to me. It has an Enrich Gold logo at the back of it. My first thought was that the company was finally going to notify me that I am no longer eligible to be a member of the exclusive club as I have not been travelling extensively like I used to do. See, I have been enjoying the privileges of an Enrich Gold membership for more than 10 years, uninterrupted.

At first I was not keen to read the letter but somehow I quickly tore it open and out came a gold card! Gosh! There must have been some mistakes in the mileage calculation for as far as I know I do not have the re qualification points! Upon reading the letter by the General manager of corporate marketing and loyalty programme, I was pleasantly surprised that MAS has decided to continue my Enrich Gold membership. It is indeed a touching gesture on their part. It shows that the company is not robotic in their decision. There is the element of recognition for a loyal customer.

Though there is the other airline offering cheaper fares, I have yet to fly in it preferring MAS at any time. I am off to London again soon and the only way to travel is by MAS excellent business class. Thank you MAS, you really made my day!

3 comments:

Jon said...

Hey Marcella,

Glad to see how pleased you are with the Enrich Gold card! We do value customers such as yourself, and hope that you will continue to support us through this challenging period.

We've got a vibrant group on Facebook (www.facebook.com/mastravel) so do drop by and join the fun!

If you're on Twitter, do add @MAS as well :)

Have a great weekend!

On behalf of Malaysia Airlines,
Jonathan

Marcella said...

Jonathan,
Thanks for dropping by :) And sure, will do.

N said...

Wow,

Bravo MAS! :)

That's a bit of good news in the dire climate...well my dire climate not sure 0f others

Winter in London again? oh no, i pray not. Summer is much better, day light is longer .