Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Amanah Saham 1 Malaysia...jumping on the bandwagon!


Today is the first day of public sale of Amanah Saham 1 Malaysia (AS1M) units, another product of Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB) that was launched recently by the Prime Minister. This offer will go on for a month till 3 September 2009.

As I am feeling kind of lazy to monitor my stock portfolio and getting risk-averse at times, I have been thinking it is better to let the fund managers look after some of my money. Incidentally, I have also bought other PNB products like ASN2, the unit price of which is currently slowly and steadily ascending.

There is so much excitement about this new product which is offering 10 Billion units at RM1.00 each. Most of my friends are buying it so I thought I would be the odd one out if I did not buy the maximum permitted. Fresh from buying BNM Bond, ASM and a number of stocks which have upside potentials, I am now jumping on the ASIM bandwagon hoping that it will perform better than the others.

One would expect, like other capital-protected PNB products, this unit trust to certainly perform in the medium and long term. You can invest as little as 100 units and at end of the year, your investment will increase by about RM7 (at expected 7% dividend rate , maybe more? ... a strategy as my friend AC says...) compared to the same amount placed in a bank for the same duration, you would get only RM2 (at 2% current interest rate) For maximum permitted investment, we are talking about multiple of 500 (18-55)or 1000 (above 55). So eligible Malaysians, what are you waiting for?

3 comments:

AC said...

I also bought some. :)
Let's hope it performs better than ASW 2020.

AC said...

Base on my observation, so far this type of fixed price trust funds is better than mutual funds.

Marcella said...

Sure AC, hope we will have a broad smile in September 2010 and especially 2012!