Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A lovely surprise indeed!


Just when I arrived at my work place this morning, a phone rang and the voice on the other end gleefully wishing me a happy birthday, "Do you know that yours and my birthday falls on the same date?", Hah, that was the reason she remembered,anyway it is nice to have people remembering your life event, though I must admit at this age, many people would rather forget and tend to mentally bluff the aging cells and get on.
"Happy birthday to you too" I quipped.

I was having a teabreak when another phone call came in and the lady asked me to come up to the seminar room as some one wished to see me.... and you guessed it as I came up the door, they were all there, Maria,Pious,Susie,Zizah,Donny and male and female staff with two birthday cakes and fried meehoon and mee with eggs and all. I was very touched. They sang a happy birthday song and gave J and me a lovely bouquet of roses each...I returned to my room after just about an hour.

As I was admiring the flowers, I received yet another phone call wishing me a happy birthday.. this time from some one who I have worked with in a premier organisation and our collaboration had brought much benefit and whom I have not heard from for almost seven months after I left... good to be remembered and what a lovely surprise and thanks guys!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that's sweet :)
happy birthday to you!
hope you're having a good one.

Marcella said...

Hi NZ,
Thank you and I sure had a memorable birthday!