Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Saved by Shakir

Sunray shafts over London

I have booked for my MAS ticket to go to London way back in August but somehow there was a slip up as I did not follow up till mid-November and that was the start of my problem where being a gold Enrich member and a shareholder did not help! My booking was cancelled by the system as it detected double booking... yes the travel agent had not cancelled the earlier booking and when she finally did.. my second self booking had already been automatically cancelled and when I rebooked... guess what? Waiting list all the way, entirely my fault, no one else.

Countless phonecalls, going through important people at one stage even a Deputy Minister of Transport was mentioned to help me be on that plane as onward booking to Belgium and several theatre tickets have been purchased and what am I to do if I cannot have confirmed seats.. I persevered, humbling myself, begging to be helped.. the local MAS manager must have been rather fed-up of me with my desperate SMSes! Then enter Shakir.... Shakir the dedicated officer at Enrich MAS building KL.

Shakir listened to my sad tale and decided to go out of his way to help me... he sent memos to his supervisor almost daily to remind him of my predicament and to get me that seat. Can you imagine at RM24000 per seat all the business class seats have been taken up! After almost four weeks( 28 days of frustration), Shakir rang me today to confirm I have got that return seat to London... hey ZANA here I come! I must see who are those people who are going to be stuck with me for 12 hours.. very curious.

Shakir, you are great!

No comments: